Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Wedding

The bride was pretty, the groom was handsome, the decorations were in place, the food was being prepared, the weather was cooperating (somewhat), the Rev was at his best and the parents were there, what could possibly go wrong, I ask you , what could possibly go wrong....nothing, nada, nyet. Everything went off without a hitch. There were a couple miscues, but they were quickly remedied. The only other obstacle was the heat, it had to be 95 degrees outside. Thank goodness for shade. I had some shade but I knew I was going to need more. I went to my neighbors and they generously provided more .
I didn't think that my daughter could get any prettier, but she did. She looked gorgeous and the groom was handsome. Hard to beat that combination.
It was nice to see all of Celena's immediate family here. Even her great aunt came in from Bakersfield. As a side note, Bakersfield is located in a desert, but I gotta believe that it was probably cooler there than it was here. The heat here was incredible.
It was nice to see Tijan's parents, Gary and Althea, who flew in from the east coast. Also flying in from Atlanta was his sister Robyn and her daughter Keyera.
As usual, below are some photos.






























No comments: