Saturday, August 29, 2009

The wedding eve

It's Friday night and I've met the parents of my son-in-law and I'm impressed. What a fantastic couple. The mother is warm and charming and the father is genuine and almost as funny as me, maybe funnier if that's possible. I spent a lot of time talking to the father. What a history he has to share. He and a friend went to Woodstock 40 years ago and spent 2 days there in the rain and the mud. He came to watch his friend, Ritchie Havens, perform. He met all of the early great performers, Temptations, Drifters etc, etc. In his college years, one of his roommates father was a promoter or organizer (I'm not sure), of the early rock and roll groups. The friends father got him a job at the Apollo as a go-fer and that's where he met a lot of performers.
We started setting up the trestle for the next day wedding, below are some photos.

On a side note, this morning, as I'm writing my blog, I'm nervous, anxious and excited, and I'm not the one getting married. I still have a lot of work to do to prepare my yard, for the friends and family that will be arriving later. Today is all about my daughter. Whatever help she needs or job done, it will happen. The only job that I need to mentally prepare for is the officiating at the wedding ceremony. I hope I don't blow it. Other than that, I will be at my daughters beckon call. For I am The Rev and a father; and today, the father supercedes The Rev.

OBTW, found out yesterday that my daughter is having a Boy. Can't wait!


My daughter and my little princess


A photo of my daughter, no flash and hand held.


The future Mr & Mrs

No comments: