Monday, May 26, 2008

Empire State Building

On Wednesday morning I took a little hike to the Empire State Building .From my hotel, It was roughly 1 mile away. When I arrived, I thought I'd see how long the line was to the top, to my amazement, there was no line. I quickly purchased my ticket and was quickly ushered to another line. This line was the security line. I had to remove all my metal and put them in trays. Again, I had to remove my belt. This was the third time that I went through security; Ellis Island and Liberty, MSNBC studio, and now the Empire State Building. I suppose in the long run, it's a small inconvenience to insure security. Next time I come to NY, I have to remember to wear suspenders or some other form of contraption to hold my pants up.
The visibility was 15 miles and there were few clouds in the sky. One of the pictures below has a shadow of the top of the Empire State Building. Enjoy.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.