Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty

I arrived Sunday afternoon in New York for my daughters Tuesday graduation. Sunday I rested but Monday I did a lot of sight seeing. One of the first places we went to was the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.


This is a monument in Battery Park to commemorate the soldiers in the Korean War.



The Sphere and Eternal Flame, a 9/11 memorial




pass we purchased for the trip to Ellis and the Statue in Battery Park.





Leaving Battery Park on our way to Liberty Island and the Statue of Liberty.





A couple of different photos of the Statue of Liberty.






I took a picture of the back of Liberty and noticed that the flame is in the shape of Aladdin's Lamp. Interesting.



Arriving at Liberty Island.




Leaving Liberty island, I waited for this photo.




Arriving at Ellis Island.







Inside the main auditorium of Ellis Island.




Leaving Ellis Island.



On the way back to Battery Park, a photo of New York skyline with the Empire State Building in the center.




New York is known for having taxis all over the streets, the waterways are not exempt.

No comments: