Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hello Chicago - Again

Well, I'm back in Chicago. It wasn't that long ago that I was here last. Shimaine and I were here for Thanksgiving last year. The last time I was here, the weather was great, but this week it looks like I'll be experiencing some Chicago rain and maybe snow. Least wise that's what the predictions are for this week.

My sister Rita picked me up from the airport and took my mother and myself to a newly opened "Longhorn" restaurant near my mothers house. This was a special occasion, my mother's 84Th birthday - way to go mom!! The weather is overcast and at night, the winds picked up and it started raining. Not quite cold enough for snow, but definitely lots of rain.

I woke up this morning pretty early. When I went to bed, my cell phone time was set at California time. When I woke up this morning, I looked at the time on my cell and it said 2:30 am. I said great, my normal time for getting up in California. I got up made coffee and sat down to work on my laptop. To my horror, I realized that it was 2:30 Chicago time which would put me at getting up 12:30 California time. Sometime during the night, my phone switched to Central Time. This wouldn't be too bad if I went to bed early, but I wanted to keep my same California routine and went to bed at 8:15 pm California time (10:15 pm Chicago time), so basically, I slept for a little less than 4 hours. Hopefully I'll be able to take a nap today and make up some sleep time.

I didn't take any pictures in Chicago yet, but I do have some more pictures of my little Irelan. Probably not that big of a surprise to most of you who know me. I just can't get enough of her laughter and smiles.







I took this self portrait picture of Irelan and myself of her sleeping. The little princess is just as cute as can be.


No comments: