Monday, November 09, 2009

Humongous Waves

This last weekend, the northern California coast had giant waves hitting the shores. An after effect of a storm, somewhere in the Pacific. I took my tripod and camera early Saturday morning and got these shots of the waves. I did suffer one casualty. The high waves were coming onto the shore, covering the whole beach where I was taking pictures. I found a small hill mound about 3 feet above the shore, near a cliff, to climb on to keep from getting wet. Unfortunately, there was no room for my tripod and I left it on the shore leaning against a wall cliff. A giant wave came, covered the beach with water, almost reached me and knocked my tripod down. I retrieved it, but it was covered with sand and water and tiny little animal creatures. I spent 3 hours Saturday trying to clean my tripod of the sand and grime that got lodged in it.






I'm not sure you can see the surfer catching the wave.








There are 2 surfers in this picture, one on top of the wave the other near the bottom.




2 comments:

Chente said...

<3 those waves Al, great pics

Chente said...

<3 those waves Al, great pics