Saturday, June 20, 2009

Buggy Computer.....

Lately,my computer at work has been acting strange and I just assumed that it was because of all the technical and work related software that I had installed in it. Now I wouldn't think of putting anything non work related (yeah right), in my computer. I was eventually going to examine and see what was actually causing my problems. Yesterday morning, when I came into work, I found the problem. There was a bug in my computer and it had surfaced. It was a little spider that was probably residing in my computer chassis. Normally I would have just squashed it but because of a recent episode that I had with the founder of the company, I decided to catch and relocate.
You see, about a month ago I was hanging a poster with the founder of the company, and a little spider appeared on the top of the poster. So I figured that I would impress her by showing my machismo and I squashed the spider. To my amazement, she looked at me horrified and saddened. I thought to myself, oh my God, please tell me that I didn't just kill a pet of hers. Then she told me in a nice and polite way that this spider is one of God's creatures and deserves to live. I thought about her statement and realized that it makes a lot of sense.
Now, whenever I can, I will try and catch and relocate any bugs that I can. I do draw the line on flies. If I see any in my house, I will hunt them down and end them. So much for me being kind and passionate to insects, huh.
Oh, by the way, as I was looking for something to capture it in,the spider on my computer got away. Live long my friend.


No comments: