Friday, April 13, 2007

They are interested in me...

Well, I had my second interview at the travel agency that I interviewed last week. They actually offered me a verbal job offer pending background check. So, if everything goes well, I should have a full time job in about a week or so. The lady interviewing me stated that in the final outcome, it was between myself and another individual. The other individual had more experience, but she felt that I had more personality. Wow, who would have guessed that personality would win over knowledge...... I would have. Read my next paragraph.

A wise individual told me many years ago that if you had to choose between 2 employees, where one employee was more knowledgeable than the other employee, but the other employee had more personality and character, choose the latter individual. You can always teach an employee to get more knowledge, but personality is something that is inherent in you and develops through your whole life. Food for thought.

No comments: